This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure HERE.
Life is Stressful
I get it, life is busy…we are always giving, giving, giving. But, do you ever take time just for you?
It seems as though we are always on the go, doing laundry, taking care of the kids, holding down a full-time job, dealing with daily stress, going to meetings, making time to read bedtime stories, helping with homework, and making dinner. The list seems never ending, sometimes we wonder if our Wonder Woman skills will be able to handle it all. Truthfully, even Wonder Woman needs a little time to herself. Yep, it is true!
Find Time To Pamper
How can you even begin to fit some “me time” into your already packed schedule? You make time! Now I know what you are thinking, but I don’t have time. Girl, listen closely. Take … the … time, you deserve it! Even if it means putting on some great smelling, non greasy hand creme and sniffing the scent for a few seconds…DO IT. Take a few deep breaths in and relax. It will help to reduce your stress and anxiety. Be sure to close your eyes as you do it, let it take you away just for a brief moment.
A Warm Soak Is Good For You
Would you like to take a long hot soak in the tub? Well put those kiddos to bed and DO IT. You need that hydrotherapy to relax and recharge. Did you know that according to some studies, a bath at the end of the day can help improve your mood, soothe your skin, and help you to relax? If you are someone that has a difficult time falling asleep, a good warm bath might do the trick!
You know what would be even better in that warm water? Bubbles! Who doesn’t love a tub full of bubbles to lighten their mood.
Do you find it hard to relax and fall asleep? Lavender essential oil is known to have calming properties that make you feel relaxed, calm, and will even help you sleep better. Take a bath in lavender by filling your tub with warm water and a scoop of Sleepy Sleep All Mixd Up bath salts to help yourself unwind from the day’s stresses.
Taking a warm soak has many benefits such as:
- Helps you to relax
- It can reduce and relieve sudden or long lasting pain
- Loosen tight or tense muscles
- Help to relieve stress
- Can help increase metabolic rate and digestion activity
- Helps hydrate cells
- Improves skin and muscle tone
- Can boost the immune system
- Improves function of internal organs by stimulating their blood supply
- Can aide in better sleep
Feet Need Love Too
Your feet work hard, so they deserve some pampering too. When your feet look and feel good it tends to make you a little happier. Try a foot soak with warm water and Muscle Through magnesium salts, follow with some exfoliation, and moisturize before going to bed. Trust me, your feet will thank you and it will transform your feet from dry and callused to smooth and healthy looking.
Had An Extra Long Day?
Has it been on of THOSE days? Do you need some major ME TIME? Try this list of ideas to help you get a little of your sanity back:
- Lock yourself away in the bathroom for a little bit (seriously, where else can you get away?)
- Do a Face Mask! They give you an amazing pampering experience!
- Slip into the tub for a soak with magnesium salts. Take a book to enjoy!
- Wash with a good for you, tallow free soap bar (we call them Chunks)
- Exfoliate that dry, flaky skin with a body scrub, body polish, or a Snarky Bar
- Don’t have time for a soak in the tub? Try a hot shower!!
- Pat yourself dry, then slather yourself in a delicious body butter.
- Turn on a RomCom or cheesy movie, select the beverage of your choice, and put your feet up! Don’t forget to add some moisturizer to those feet!
You Are Totally Worth It … Just DO IT
When you take a little time for yourself, you are better at tackling all those daily chores that life throws your way! It is imperative to find just a few minutes whenever you can squeeze it in to just take care of YOU, so you can keep taking care of everything around you.
Here are some additional articles that I think you would enjoy:
The Benefits of Lavender
Benefits of Using Apricot Kernel Oil
Which Body Butter Is Right For Me?
Why You Should Be Using Naturally Based Products